Another productive day! We need 6 more of these! We are currently completing our Theme 2 Reading Assessment and then I will do some "spot" testing using the Fountas and Pinnella books to assess oral reading and comprehension.
Tomorrow is our Unit 8 math test. The children are to review the practice test that we did together today in class . The children were to ask questions along the way if they were confused and not quite sure of how to solve the problem. So you may see several markings on the paper when they went to make their corrections or notes of how to help them study.
I have collected the Third Grade Reflection writing pieces that they were to proofread last night. I will make some final comments if needed and then they will rewrite their written reflections. These written reflections will be a part of their both their writing portfolio and the portfolio that Mrs. Baralt is keeping for the children to use at the end of fourth grade.
I didn't remind the children again before they left today, but tomorrow is the Talent Show in music class. You will want to discuss with your child if you need or want to come or not. It is totally up to you. But please remind your child of this tonight as they may need to practice one more time prior to music at 12:40. Participation in this event was not mandatory. So don't worry if your child is not doing a presentation.
On Friday, the boys and girls will venture down to fourth grade from 9 to 9:30. They will meet the fourth grade teachers and have a chance to ask any questions that they may have in hopes to lessen the level of anxiety for next year. They will be the "seniors" of the Lower School. Hard to believe I know.... time does have wings!
No comments:
Post a Comment