I am sitting here in the classroom looking out at the empty desks and already missing your bright smiles! I know you are at this minute, heading to your third grade pool party to spend some much deserved time with your friends. You have worked very hard this year and you should be proud of yourself. You have learned a lot and were good sports even when it got hard. You "took the licks" and kept working. I love watching you grow and become better readers and writers. I was always in awe of your creativity and artwork both in class and in the art room with Mrs. Rowe. I loved being able to treat you to a movie as a reward for your behavior. But don't forget, the book is always better than the movie! I do hope each of you will read at least three good books this summer. And don't forget the Florida Sunshine State books that you may not have had an opportunity to read in between all the projects I assigned this year. You have become responsible students and I hope that you will show your fourth grade teacher just how capable you are. But also remember, as we have talked about many times, it's your attitude, your kindness with respect, and your sincere interest in others, that are important in life. I will miss your sense of humor and your enthusiasm. You made me want to come to work every day and think of ways to help you learn and create fun topics. I know that not every day was a thrill for you, but you did your part to contribute for the good of all. I do hope you have a wonderful summer. Many of you will be heading off to camps, going on vacations, and hanging out with your friends in your neighborhood. Whatever you do, try to take time to send me a little postcard or letter and let me know how you are. I am going to keep your email addresses, so be on the lookout for a message from me. You ALL are very special and I will miss you! Read lots!
With hugs and smiles,
Mrs. Hensler
No comments:
Post a Comment