Friday, May 21, 2010

Last Full Friday of Third Grade!

We had a great day today! Hang in there.. only 4 more full days. We are still working!

The children are coming home with their Art Portfolios. What a treasure! I also sent them home today with two Science experiments that I told them to save for a very hot or rainy day during the summer. Earlier this year, we had attempted to make what we called Oobleck. But the experiment for Phlubber is the same and I think a better recipe. You can add some food coloring along the way if you want to change its color. I also gave them an experiment to make sediment and rocks. Enjoy!

We are working on our final writing piece for realistic fiction. We have brainstormed possible ideas and will put these ideas to sentences on Monday. I may need your help one more time to help proofread the spelling and I will take care of the rest here at school. We are also making some choices about our poems and which will remain in the writing portfolios. We hope to see you on Thursday, May 27 for our Writer's Celebration from 2:15 to 2:45.

Reminders for next week:
Monday- an additional math test on fractions
Tuesday-a review quiz on past tense verbs that they are still not using incorrectly in their writing. I am not giving up hope nor do I want them to go to fourth grade thinking that the past tense of bring is brung. They have a practice sheet in their homework folder.
Wednesday- Explorer tri-fold project is due These will be on display on Thursday when you come for the Writer's Celebration.
Thursday-Class End of the Year party which will coincide with lunch from 12 to 1:00.
Friday-Dismissal at noon.. and yes, I will have things for them to do that will really help me in getting things organized for them for fourth grade.

I told the children that they could bring both their class picture and the yearbook back on Monday for signing. I am going to do it at one time and give them 15 minutes in class, recess and lunch to get to their friends for signing. If you ordered a yearbook or class picture and your child did not come home with one, please call the office. I turned in everything that your child gave me and after that, I lost control.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. The Tampa Museum of History has some new exhibits and some fun activities going on in June that you may enjoy with your children. One is Celebrate Father's Day with the Rays. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment