Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wild And Woolly Wednesday!

The children are doing a great job with the change of our daily schedule due to program practice. Please continue to have your child recite their lines before they go to bed at night.

Tonight for homework is as follows:
Spelling: study dictation sentences for the test on Friday
Wordly Wise: page 76 answer questions 1-5... they do not have to restate, but they do have to
write in complete sentences
Science: How Do Things Shape Up? worksheet...all the facts for the outline can be found in the
reading portion of the activity
Olympics: Bring in a picture from the newspaper or a magazine that has something to do with
the Olympic games
Stone Fox Literature Study: Complete the vocabulary match...we worked on half in class and
they are to complete by using a dictionary if necessary

We are beginning our Idita-Read. You will want your child to fill you in on this contest. I will be sending home all the information that you and your child will need to successfully get credit for all the reading that they do. I have told the children that they can just combing the time that they should already be reading every night and add to that as they have the time.

We are studying Matter in Science. Last night's experiment demonstrated the difference in a physical change and a chemical change. I have a couple more experiments that I am going to send home over the next couple of weeks that reinforce our unit of study. In Science Lab, we will be attempting to make ice cream. Do you think this is a physical or chemical change?

I am looking forward to our parent conferences. At that time I will share the report card with you along with the reading assessments that I will have completed with your child. We will also discuss improvements/ progress and areas that we need to continue to support.

No comments:

Post a Comment