I just received an email that tomorrow will be Spirit Day to celebrate the victory of the basketball team.
We will have the children try on their costumes tomorrow to see how they work on stage in the event that we have to make some last minute changes. Please make sure your child comes to school tomorrow with all the parts to their costume. If you have ordered a costume and it won't come in until Wednesday, but have a hat, please send in the hat at least.
Please make sure that the children get lots of rest this week. We will have only one more long morning of practice and then it's showtime on Thursday and Friday morning.
Tonight the children have some comprehension questions about Stone Fox and they are to complete the final drawing of the Race Map.
I have also sent home a list of the 50 states. I am going to give them a little quiz on Tuesday where they have to list the states in (abc) order according to the song they are singing in the program. I will provide the states so they don't have to worry with the spelling, but they do have to list them in order. The quiz is worth 50 points.
We are working on another round of "baggy books". I would like all the children to return their baggy books by tomorrow if they received them last week. Please make sure they are reading the story orally with you practicing their fluency and accuracy of each word.
By the end of the day, we will have completed our class novel, Stone Fox. We will read the ending chapter that often brings tears. Now that I have a dog, I may cry even more than I usually do. If you discuss the book at home, please help to reinforce that they can not share the story and especially the ending with others in third grade as the other classes have not finished the book.
I am looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday. I have a great deal to accomplish in each conference. I will try my best to be on time.
No comments:
Post a Comment