TOMORROW IS SPIRIT DAY!
I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun long weekend. I think both the children and their aging teacher both needed the rest. We are on the America Program countdown. Please make sure that your child reviews their lines every night before they go to bed. We are stressing speaking clearly and making sure that they recite their lines slowly with expression.
The children are also coming home today with a very important envelope. In this envelope you will find the state that they have been assigned that will contribute to the cake of the USA that everyone will get to enjoy the day of the program. I discussed with the children that they should first begin to research to learn a little about their state. The cake and the icing can be any flavor. But how they choose to decorate it should be very specific to the state itself. Their state must include the name of the state and perhaps the capitol with any distinguishing geographic features. The rest is left to research and creativity.
This week there will be no spelling list, but I am going to send home some dictation sentences that review last week's spelling list. They will have a check up on these sentences on Friday.
Tonight they have a reading comprehension sheet and a science experiment. The science experiment is on page 150 in the science book that I reminded them to bring home twice in the last 15 minutes of the day.
Tomorrow is the last day to bring in money to order Scholastic Books.
As a "dinner challenge", I have asked the children to ask you if you have ever in the past or present named a non-living object such as your first car. You will want to ask your child about the story, The Woman Who Named Things and the lesson that she perhaps learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment