Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Terrific Tuesday Again!

We successfully made it through the program today without stopping. The children were marvelous! You are going to be in such awe of your child's talent. Please make sure that they review their lines one more time and that they have all their costume pieces with them on Thursday morning, if they don't already have them at school. I hope you all are having fun researching and preparing your "piece of cake".

The children do have some work to complete prior to Thursday.
Wordly Wise: Complete Lesson 8 cloze procedure activity. Sometimes they have to add an ending such as -ed, -ing, or -ly to the vocabulary word in order for it to make sense in the sentence.

Math Activity Sheet on creating angles. They do create very cool optical illusions when they are finished.

You should notice that they have three sheets in their homework folder that deal with the Iditarod. The most important one that they can't loose is the one with their user name and password. This gives them access to enter their reading minutes. They are in training now, but as of March 6, the real race begins. My goal is that all the children in the room will read the 1,112 minutes to travel the 1,112 miles. You will also see a sheet for them to write a book review of one of the books that they read. I have told the children that they must turn in one of those sheets to me and to also remember to enter the information on the computer. I will show them what an ISBN number and review all the components on that sheet on Thursday. If they don't have time to do the computer work at home, they can do so in the classroom while they are working independently. The third sheet is the log sheet that they can keep as they are reading. I will happily provide more if needed.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day for me and I promise that I will do everything I can to stay on time. I have many components of your child's education to share with you. If for any reason we are not able to complete our conversation within the time allowed, please know that we can schedule a follow-up conference. The focus of the conference tomorrow will be to share the report card with you and for me to verbalize the strengths and possible difficulties that your child may be having and suggest way to reinforce these weaknesses. I will share their last writing sample with you and give you a chance to look at their writing portfolio that we have so proudly named 'Big B,' which stands for Binder.

Thank you again for all your help with the costumes, the line review, and the baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment