Friday, February 5, 2010

Finally Friday!

Grandparents and Special Friends Day was a great success. I just love meeting all the special people in my children's lives. The children wrote a special paragraph just for their visitor and were so proud to show off all the work around the room and school. Our special visitors are always amazed at what the children are able to accomplish.

We continued our day as planned. We reviewed for our math test on Monday and talked about the biography that is due as well. I am looking forward to learning on Monday what the children learned.

The math test on Monday will cover decimals, a new skill, and ballpark estimates, an old skill. Please continue to review multiplication tables. They will have a 100 problem test on all the tables on Tuesday.

We have begun our study of the Iditarod in computer lab. We are going to pick a musher and follow this sled once the race begins on March 6 in downtown Anchorage, Alaska. The children began important research on the Iditarod in computer lab today. Those that were absent, are responsible for answering these questions on their own time. Mrs. Baralt has the information for the children to read nicely organized on her website.

Next week is a big week.. what's new.. right? We have biography museum and math test on Monday, Valentine boxes due on Wednesday, poem due on Thursday along with enjoying our special Valentine treat. The children must stay in dress code on Thursday but I did tell them that they could wear some read and pink to add to the festivities of the day.

I will also be beginning some additional reading assessments that I will be sharing with you during our parent/teacher conferences on February 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment