Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reading Week.... Tuesday!

The children were quite creative today with not only their character choice, but with the costume that went with it. I loved seeing them come to school this morning and sharing who they were. The Town Meeting was quite festive and the children really loved guessing who all the characters were. Some of the children got to go to the front, particularly all the Fancy Nancy's.

Tonight the children have to complete a few math boxes on different pages. However, if they do not have their workbook with them, we will assume that they completed the work in class.

They do need to complete the Chapter 1 comprehension check up for Stone Fox. You will want to ask your child what the new problem or conflict is in the story that little Willy is now facing.

They need to study their compound spelling words and continue working on the biography.

My little Valentine sweethearts are getting anxious about sending their special deliveries for Valentines. So to avoid having to answer the same questions over and over, I thought I would share what the plan is ahead of time. Since Valentine's Day does not fall on a school day and the children are out on that Friday, we are going to celebrate Valentine's Day on February 11. The children and I will talk tomorrow about decorating a Valentine mailbox and sending Valentines. We will discuss that all children in our classroom should be involved and considered for a special delivery. If there are special deliveries that need to be made in other third grade classes, time will be allowed to do so during the course of that day. If you must attach a sweet treat to the Valentine, please make sure it is wrapped and sealed. The children will receive a yummy treat that day thanks to the room moms, so additional treats are really not necessary. I would like the Valentine sweethearts to bring the special delivery boxes in on February 10 along with the valentines so that cupid can prepare for his special day! The children will pass out their Valentines on the day of our celebration. I know the children will be excited about Valentine's Day and all the little surprises that come with it. I will encourage the children to wear something red, white, or pink along with their school uniform on February 11. Thank you for all your support!

Tomorrow is drop everything and read. I told the children that they could bring a book from home, library book, or read a book that they are working on in class as long as it is a chapter book. It must be a book that will sustain them for at least 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment