The biography's are wonderful. By the end of today, we hope to have all of them read to the class. The covers are very creative and well done. Thank you for all your help with this project.
I wanted to share with you that tonight the children will begin what may be a weekly assignment of writing sentences in their spelling notebook using the spelling words for the week correctly in the sentence. There are a few guidelines for these sentences that I wanted you to know about in case your child needs any help. First, there will 5 to 10 sentences they will have to write. I will explain to the children that they can put more than one spelling word in the sentence, but they still have to have the correct number of sentences. The sentences must not be just a definition of the word, but a sentence that let's me know they know the meaning using adjectives and adverbs for better detail. I am going to set a limit on the number of words that each sentence should meet.For now, that limit is no less than 10 words per sentence. Words such as a, an, and, and the do not count as words. They must also begin each sentence in a different way. The children should proofread their sentences and write them neatly in their notebook.
Reminders:
Valentine's Poem to recite is due onFebruary 11.
Special delivery boxes with Valentines should be brought to school on February 10. Our Valentine's treat along with a Valentine exchange will take place on February 11 from 11:30 to 12:10.
I am sending home a Lucky Book Club order form today. My children are capable of reading more difficult books, but they do love many of the books that are offered and the science kit on rubberbands looked like GREAT fun! They are not obligated to order, but I just wanted to make it available in case the children needed some fun books to have at home. The order form is due on February 17. I will place the order on that day.
You will want to ask your child about our literature study of Stone Fox. The excitement if building to the big race.
Make sure you check out Mrs. Baralt's website through our blog. She has some really good information on the Iditarod.
No comments:
Post a Comment