Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tune In Tuesday!

Tonight's homework is as follows:

Vocabulary Cartoon: We reviewed this again as I observed that most of the children had trouble with the sentence part. It is very natural, but they had a tendency to write a sentence that just restated the definition. I asked the children to think of a sentence that a teacher might write and put that vocabulary word in the blank.

Map Work on Interstates and Highways

Study spelling words and the poem, When Daddy Carves the Turkey.

I will be giving the children the poem for Poetry in the Park tomorrow. We will be reciting a cute poem entitled, Mad About Math. I haven't quite decided what the props should be. But for now, we will concentrating on the words. I am certainly putting their memorization to the test this month.

We will also have a lockdown drill tomorrow morning around 10:15. This is part of procedure as are fire drills and severe weather drills. I wanted to ensure you that this will be handled in a calm manner and the children will be with me in the classroom at that time.

I also wanted to remind you that the Book Fair is November 9-November 12 in the student activity center. I will take the children over once it begins to let them see the books that are there. They can they can begin to make purchases with you or at school as time allows. The proceeds really do help our school and the library. Mrs. Smay does a great job of making sure that the children have the books that they need and honors requests made by teachers as well.

Be on the lookout for a letter with the multiplication tables attached. You may begin practicing these multiplication tables. In the beginning, I would encourage them to first learn them in order. But as they progress, I would like them to practice the problems out of sequence.

By the end of the week, I will post a blog covering various topics and skills that the children have learned thus far. I will also share information in generalities as to what the expectations have been and what I see them being for the new reporting period. Tune in for more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment