Thank you to everyone who responded to my email regarding the bag lunches for the field trip. As I told the children, if they didn't request a bag lunch prepared by the school today, they would have to bring their lunch from home. I am asking the children to please have an extra water and to keep dessert to one item. Please make sure they have a good breakfast before coming to school as they will be actively involved at the museum during their normal snack time. We will depart Shorecrest at 9:oopm so that we can arrive at the museum, get checked in and begin our tour by 10:00am. I am asking that the girls wear their dresses and the boys have belts with their pants with a nice shirt. They do not have to wear a dress tie. We are planning on returning to Shorecrest hopefully by 1:45pm. The museum has the event very organized and the children will be kept in smaller groups for better supervision. We will have our lunch on the lawn at the back of the museum, weather permitting.
Tonights homework includes:
SPELLING-activity sheet to find the misspelled spelling words
WORDLY WISE- page 31... they may also want to take the time to reread the definitions of the words at least once
SPELLING TEST- these are the words that I sent home in October with the orange pumpkin letter a few weeks ago
You may want to ask your child about our math centers.. they have used candy corn, tape measures, pattern block pieces to measure and estimate distances and area. In one center, they have traced their right foot on grid paper. Tomorrow we will learn how to figure out the amount of weight that you put on just one square inch of the foot every time you stand up. Ask your child if they know how much they weigh. It will work best if they know their exact weight.
In Science Lab we experimented with the term work. We lifted light and heavy objects (books) and even tried to move a wall to demonstrate work. The children predicted what they thought the scientific definition of work was and then tested out their theory.
Report cards will be coming home soon. I have shown the children what it will look like and have discussed the two bottom sections, work and study habits and behaviors. I will expect them to continue to be courteous to their peers and adults. But I expressed to the children that I will have an even greater expectation for listening carefully to directions and reading more carefully to help them proofread their work.
I am looking forward to the production of Oliver. I am attending on Thursday night. I am so proud of my children that are participating and how well they have handled the incredible responsibility. Bravo!
No comments:
Post a Comment