First, I would like to say "bravo" to the children in our room that performed in Oliver on Thursday evening. I was so proud and impressed by their poise and stage presence. I know that it has been a long, but exciting experience and they all deserve a huge round of applause and a much needed rest. I applaud the parents as well for their dedication in helping to make this "happen" for your child. This is an experience that I am sure they will never forget!
I would like to run down a few things again prior to Monday. We leave on our field trip at 9am. I have asked the children to wear:
Girls: Shorecrest jumpers with tennis shoes or with dress shoes( they can bring a change of clothes, within uniform requirements) for the afternoon if they would like)
Boys: pants with belts and they can wear either their white or green Shorecrest polo shirt. They do not have to wear a white dress shirt and/or tie.
I told them that they could pack an extra water, but that the lunch should be a normal healthy lunch with only one dessert. We will not have time to have a snack, so I encouraged them to have a good/filling breakfast.
We should return to school by 1:00pm and the rest of the day will follow the regular schedule, including dismissal.
I am looking forward to the Thanksgiving Feasts. I am curious to see what my children perceive as an ultimate feast. The children are coming home with their work envelope. Please sign and return just the envelope to school on Monday.
The children have earned 50 stickers/1 chart. They have earned these stickers through compliments they have received in the hallway, resource classes, etc by other adults and by me. We are very excited. The reward is that we get a surprise treat in the classroom. I am going to hold off on this till we return from Thanksgiving. But, I wanted you to know so that you could praise your child.
I hope everyone will have a relaxing and fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment