The children did a wonderful job with their poem at Poetry in the Park. Thank you to all of you who came and supported the children. It is such a nice tradition at Shorecrest.
I wanted to share a few items with you. First, the children are coming home with a practice math test. I would like them to study this practice test over the weekend. We will have our Unit 3 test on Monday. I also gave them a measurement conversions activity that is also due on Monday. You may want to ask your child about Pi. They now know it's more than just something yummy one eats.
Some of the children did come home with a "baggy book". I would like those read and returned by Monday as well so that the other children may participate. As a reminder, I would like the chilren to read the story out loud and independently at least once before they begin to complete the activity. They are not to look back in the story.
Next week, we will begin Lesson 4 in Wordly Wise. We will also begin to wind down our first theme in reading. There will a little check up at the end of the theme. However, it is not something that the children can prepare for except to use their reading skills, including reading slowly.
I will be sending home a math project that is Thanksgiving related. I will review the project and send the letter home for you to read. If in doing so you have further questions that your child is not able to answer, please feel free to email me.
We will continue our study of the Tocobaga Native Americans. I will assist the children in making an outline of the most important information. We will also review the importance ad influences of the Seminole Native Americans in preparation for our field trip on November 23 to the Tampa Bay History Museum.
We will begin working on an enrichment writing activity that involves magic. You will see this little booklet coming home soon.
Thank you to all of you who came on Wednesday to Poetry in the Park. The children loved having you here! I hope everyone has a great long weekend. I am jealous! Smiles!
No comments:
Post a Comment