I wanted to let you know about a few things that are coming home today. First, I am sending home the Poetry in the Park poem that is ironically about math and multiplication. I have asked the children to study the first stanza for tomorrow. I am also sending home a letter about the learning of multiplication with the facts sheet attached. The fact sheet only contains the tables 0-9. I will give them another fact sheet later. That is enough to get them started.
The children are coming home with their Wordly Wise workbooks. They have a few questions to answer and they should study the words and definitions as they will have a test on these words on Friday.
They also have a dictionary activity to complete. I have reviewed the directions and reminded them twice that they don't use a real dictionary. Use the picture on the sheet to help with some of the true/false statements. I am determined to make them better "dictionary users" by Thanksgiving. I can already see a difference in their ability to place words into guide word groups.
You will want to ask your child about a fruit called, Lychee.
No comments:
Post a Comment