Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday Updates!

I am trying to get the children into our daily schedule though it changes from day to day. As always at the beginning of the year, I misjudge how long it will take the children to accomplish certain tasks. One of my goals is to make sure they have a secured sense of what a Writer's Workshop is and what is expected. I have also given the children time to independently read so that I may observe the kinds of books they gravitate towards. The entire class has completed the word assessments for our reading program, Voices. I will share all this with you on Thursday night. There is a program prior to the classroom visit. I encourage you to attend this program. I understand that the video is outstanding and a great deal of hard work went into its production. Once we have been dismissed form the JRT, please try and get back to the classroom as promptly as you can. I have much to share with you and I also want there to be plenty of time for you to ask questions.

Homework tonight was: Complete the essay about themselves. They were to discuss various things about themselves from favorite foods, movies, books, games, trips, pets, and holidays. They were to also include any other special information that they wished to share about themselves even if it ended up being a little bit of a repeat from the "white bag" activity. They are to ask you for help in proofreading for checking spelling only. They do not have to recopy the page essay. We will work on that in class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment