Thank you all very much for coming last night! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to come and learn about what's "hoppin" in third grade this year. I additionally want to assure you that I have a no tolerance policy for bullying as does Shorecrest. I expect my children to respect each other and play fairly whether in the classroom or on the playground. I will not have my children calling each other names even if they are playing and know that they are kidding with each other. I want my children to feel comfortable and safe in their environment and not fear being made fun of or excluded from activities. If at any time that a situation arises that involves this issue, I will contact you to set up an immediate conference. I have high expectations for my children and citizenship is just as important as any academic achievement.Though I pride myself on having an open and trusting relationship with my children, there may come a time that your child doesn't share a problem until they get home or sometimes while being tucked into bed. Please feel free to contact me if you feel like I should be made aware of a problem.
I have asked the children to keep a running record of how much TV they watch over the weekend even it's 0 minutes. We are learning how to collect and record data with large groups. We have spent out math time today practicing with other information and I thought the children would enjoy using their own data to review on Monday. They can record the total amount of time in their journal. I did not tell them to watch TV, just to record the amount of time if they did. Thanks for your help.
Please ask your child if they need any additional notebooks. I would like them to have all of their supplies ready starting on Monday.
Remember to check my blog daily... have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment