Friday, August 21, 2009
Happy Friday!
Today was a great day! It was amazing how much I learned about the children in those little white bags. They showed imagination and creativity in sharing with the class something special about themselves. I do have incredibly talented children. We completed our first novel, Be A Perfect Person in Three Days. On the third day, the main character had to do nothing for 24 hours. After an interesting discussion on what it truly meant to do nothing, I encouraged the children to take 15 minutes this weekend and just sit in a chair by themselves and try to do and think about nothing. I told them they may be surprised how hard that is to do and the sounds that they may hear that they wouldn't ordinarily hear. We wrote in our journal about our first week of third grade and we began our first lesson in math on numbers all around us. The children are to explore the house and see if they can find something that has numbers on it that they have never noticed. Next week we will begin our study of Florida by studying landforms and using map skills to navigate the state. There will be a spelling test on Friday. Please make sure they study the words at least 3 times before the test. The children have the schedule in their homework folder. I told them to keep that in the homework folder as I will be giving you one on BTS night on Thursday. I am looking forward to seeing you. Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the little white bags were a wonderful idea.
ReplyDelete