Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day Cheers!

We got off to a great start today! I shared a lot of information with the children and I know that it will take a few days for it all to sink in. They did to have their snack and go to PE. I did discuss how the snacks need to be nutritious and not dessert. It would help if the snacks could be packed separately from the lunch container so that it is easier and quicker for them to get it out of the locker. The lockers were a big hit! I did have to share that we don't allow them to decorate the lockers. BUT, when I get the schedule printed, I told them they would be allowed to put the schedule up in the locker with a special magnet. We have begun our first class novel, Be A Perfect Person In Just Three Days. We read chapters 1 and 2 together. Tonight for homework, they are to wear a broccoli necklace. If they absolutely refuse to wear the broccoli, it's not the end of the world, but I thought it would be a fun thing to do for homework the first night. You may want to take a look at their agenda/homework notebook to get familiar with the layout.
Thanks again for sending me such sweet children!

No comments:

Post a Comment