Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wow.. it's Wednesday!

What a wonderful day to be outside! I for one will really enjoy recess today!

The ERB testing went well again today. This test was called Auditory Comprehension. I read the stories and the questions orally to the children while they bubbled in what they believed to be the answer. It was a lot of reading and listening. But we do a great deal of oral reading and discussing during reading instruction and in social studies, so I feel that the children were well prepared for this subtest.

Tomorrow is the first of two Math subtests. This test will cover many skills from addition to word problems to fractions. They are allowed to use scrap paper, which I call the work space, to help solve the problems.

As you probably already know, Saturday is May 1 and the Kentucky Derby, one of my favorite sporting and social events either on tv or in person. I thought it would be fun on Friday for the children to wear their favorite hat. Now, if they would like to decorate these hats in Derby style, that would be great! There is an ERB test on Friday morning, so we would have to keep it rather low key until after the testing is complete. The children's geography work on Friday will revolve around the Bluegrass state which will also include a fact or two about the Kentucky Derby. And just to put your mind at ease, we will NOT be serving mint juleps! Smiles!

Tonight's responsibilities are as follows:
Study for Math test
Complete the Sandy Koufax activity on facts and opinions. Make sure they explain in detail why they chose the fact that they chose as the most important fact about his life.

Please continue to make sure that the children get a good night's sleep and some breakfast before they come to school. Thank you for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment