Friday, April 16, 2010

Is it Really Friday?

The children and I had a wonderful tour of downtown St. Petersburg. We learned a great deal about the architecture from Greek Revival and Pebble Dash Stucco to Egg and Dart Dentals. As we strolled along the sidewalks, the children marked their architectural characteristics bingo card. Most everyone found all the pictures that they were given and earned a sweet treat as the prize. You will want to ask your child about all the green benches that used to line the streets of downtown and why they no longer exist.

They are coming home with quite a batch of papers for you to see. However, there is an even bigger batch still waiting to come home. It is my promise and plan to get these in to your hands by next Friday. Though there is no homework for the weekend, please have them review their multiplication tables. They will have the quiz on Monday.

I was pleased to see the ease at which they completed their spelling test today in cursive. I have tried it a little different this year and waited till I thought they had had plenty of isolated practice instead of jumping right in at the beginning of the year as we were practicing. The children did not moan or groan once and I didn't have to wait for tired hands. YEA!!! Way to go class!

We will continue to take spelling tests in cursive and I will begin to include other assignments to be completed in cursive as we go.

Next week is a big and exciting week. It's Cultural Arts Week here at Shorecrest. The children will attend art exhibitions, African Dancers Demonstrations and a String Quartet performance. I look forward to seeing everyone on Friday for the children's performance and the family picnic. Please send in your form if you have not done so already. Thank you!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment