Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Tidbits!

Another successful day of ERB testing. The children were slowed down today somewhat as the questions frequently changed directions. The questions also called upon the usage of several strategies and skills that the children have been exposed to in Math but took a little longer to get an answer. They were allowed to use scrap paper to help them formulate the answers.

Tomorrow is our Hat Day in celebration of the Kentucky Derby. We have a couple of activities planned as now all the third grade classes are participating. I showed the children the website today. I told them, with your permission, they can could go on the website and think about a horse they would like to follow for the race. We are also going to choose a class horse to cheer for on Saturday at 6:24pm.


We did not take the math test today as I could tell that the children were "over" math by the time they completed the ERB. I thought that I would be fair to them and wait until tomorrow

Tonight's respnsibilities include:
Math Test
Math Workbook page 183 and 184
Create Derby Hat
Finish logging in the minutes for the Idita-Read. Tonight is the last night!
They also have a green letter from Mrs. Baralt in their homework folder that I would like for you to see tonight.

Get another good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment