Celebrate the Arts has officially begun! We were treated this morning at town meeting by a song that the high school students are performing in the school's performance of West Side Story. Every day this week, the children will attend an a cultural arts performance of some kind. Tomorrow we all go to the gym to enjoy the African Drummers.
If you have not turned in your flier for the picnic on Friday, please do so by tomorrow. Also, on Friday, the children are being asked to wear a white shirt and dark pants.. jeans are allowed. You will love the third grade performance. I am sad that I am unable to perform with the children. I am on another committee that unfortunately scheduled meetings on most of the days that some of the teachers practiced. But, from what I have heard, it is going to be a real treat for all of us!
Tonight's responsibilities are as follows:
Spelling.... copy each word in cursive.. one word is misspelled and I told the children that they do not write the word that they think is misspelled... they are encouraged to use a dictionary for help on finding that one misspelled word.
Reading Vocabulary Quiz.. I had sent home a practice sheet last week that includes the words: bunted, ceased, clammy, clinched, compensates, conveyed, convictions, earsplitting, comprehended, scouts, discomfort, girders, savory, raggedy, memorable
Social Studies: complete the outline using the book pages 60-65.. we have already begun working on the outline so that the children get a sense of the important information that they should include and hopefully will be able to do this independently when they get home.
Complete the thank you note and picture for our wonderful architectural tour that we took on Friday.
Please make sure that your child logs in any reading minutes for the Idita-read. We have suddenly found ourselves in second place after having a mighty lead for quite some time.
Thank you for all of your support!
Also, please check out the links on our blog to the other resource teachers. Ms. Diaz Leroy has posted some websites relating to the Celebrate the Arts week that I think you and the children might find interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment