Wow... where does the week go!!!!!!!
Homework tonight is as follows:
Spelling Test...
Practice the October poem that is due on October 15...
Reading Activity on Thomas Jefferson.. please make sure you sign the assignment along with
your child...
You will want to ask your child about our writing activity today. I gave them 5 minutes to list all the things that drive them "batty." Then they wrote a paragraph describing the top 3 things that drive them batty, complete with explanation. They are now writing this paragraph on "bat" stationery. So cute!
We used this writing activity for a lesson on conferencing. We set out goals for what each group was to work on while conferencing. The final step of their conferencing was to tell their writing partner one positive element of the paragraph. I will lead them into not only continuing to share a positive element, but also to share an element of the writing that needs additional help without making a personal judgment. This is difficult for this age group, but it can be done. It just needs a great deal of practice.
I have completed my parent conferences and will be sending home the list of words from our Voices Reading Series that I would like the children to practice a little at a time. Take a few at a time and review them as many times as you can stand. Thank you for your continued support!
See if your child can copy this number model in their agenda and bring in an answer on Friday. I have told them to read my blog from time to time. I hope this catches their eye!
23+9+13+59-10-2+17-5+20+100=?
No comments:
Post a Comment