Homework tonight is as follows:
MATH- workbook pg.53... we worked very hard today on the Trade First Strategy.. take a look at page 50 in their workbook..You may want to ask your child to tell you the little story that goes along with trade first with Mr. Ones, Mr. Tens and Mr. Hundred. Tomorrow I am going to challenge them by giving them numbers in the thousands.
WORDLY WISE-complete the first 5 questions on page 17. They are to reread the story that goes with it before they answer the questions.
HANDWRITING-page 33.. the beginning of cursive
We went to the Science Lab today and used spring scales to measure the force of pushes and pulls. The children compared 5 objects. You may want to ask them what the objects were and if their prediction and hypothesis was correct.
We will complete Unit 2 in Math tomorrow and then on Thursday the children will complete a review test before the final test on Friday.
You will also want to ask them ways that people celebrate birthdays in Vietnam, Australia and Mexico. We are reading stories that share the traditions within different cultures. I loved reading the family trees that came in yesterday.
The All About Me posters are fabulous. I can tell that the children have put a great deal of thought and time into making these posters. On Friday, I will give out the dates for the remainder of the children.
No comments:
Post a Comment