Friday, October 9, 2009

Finally Friday!

The children are coming home with their Wordly Wise workbook in the backpacks. They will have a quiz on Lesson 2 words on Monday. With a four day week next week, I had to rearrange some responsibilities. I suggested that someone should read the definitions to them a couple of times and try to match the word and then have them orally read the words twice. The children will also receive a list of spelling words with dictation next week. Amongst our regular responsibilities we have the following next week as well: Guidance, Picture Lady, and a performance entitled, Jigsaw Jones.

The October poem is due on Thursday. These poems help reinforce public speaking and presentation. I have asked the children to practice in front of a mirror pronouncing the words correctly and clearly. Don't forget the title.

Our class will make a presentation at Town Meeting on October 19. At this time, I do not have a clue as to what we will be presenting. But, I wanted you to know ahead of time in case you wanted to come and watch. The presentation is only designed to last 5 minutes or so and will reflect some aspect of our curriculum. Please feel free to come and join us. Town Meetings begin around 8:05.

Here is the new blog challenge for the weekend:
35+45+10+9+12-7-10+54+100-31+89+200-67-54+25=? Once you get your answer, turn that number into money with a dollar and cent sign and of course a decimal. Show your work and your answer in your agenda. I have to see proof that you did the adding and subtracting without the help of a calculator.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment