I just wanted to update you on the work that the children came home with today! They are getting much better at organizing their work in class, but I am not completely confident that they can sustain this organization between school and home. I want to help eliminate any stress or confusion for you at home.
Tuesday Homework:
Wordly Wise Quiz on Lesson 1 words. The children should review the definitions using the index cards that they created in class. They do not have to know how to spell them but will be expected to use the words in sentences that will be provided for them. I will give them the list of words to use while taking the quiz.
Math Workbook page 25 and Home Link page 27. This is a review of skills that we have been working on in class. NOW... there is an additional activity sheet in their homework folder, Home Link page 25. This is not due until Friday. I have given the children an allowance of 100 dollars. They are to purchase items that they would like to own without spending more than 100 dollars. I told them they could use the newspaper, a magazine, and a catalog with the pictures that they are to cut out and glue on the back of the sheet. They are only to complete the Actual Price column. We will work on the Estimated Price column in class on Friday.
Picture Day was a success. We were called down to get our picture taken just minutes before PE.
We had some fun in Science lab today. You may want to ask your child about which dissolved more completely.. salt or baking soda. We also completed an experiment using 4 different kinds of balls. The point of this experiment was to teach the concept of constant and variable in an experiment. Ask your child which ball bounced the highest and the "bouncy ball" doesn't count!
Here is a website that you may want to bookmark at home. This website has various science experiments that look to be quite fun. At some point we will have Wizards on Wednesdays where the children will be able to come in and conduct an experiment of their choice for the class. Or if this is not their cup of tea, they can conduct the experiment at home on a rainy day and write up a little summary of the experiment, you sign it, and I will happily give extra credit for added effort. But I have told the children that they must get your permission first and you have to see the experiment before they begin.
www.yucky.kids.discovery.com
Remember dictation is a part of the spelling test this week. I have asked the children to write the sentences at home at least once. Only read them twice before they begin to write and see how well they are able to remember and complete the sentence.
Our birthday celebrities are Alexandra Hairston and Tate Mayo. Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment