Monday, September 21, 2009

Marvelous Monday!

Monday's homework is as follows:

Math- Dootey's Penny War... you are allowed to help the children with the question and the directions, but please try to let them see if they can come up with the answer on their own. This is extra credit, but I did encourage them all to try.

Spelling- Long a words with spellings of a, ai, ay... there is no dictation this week

Map Work- this week the skill is grid maps

We made our two quotation class books today. They are wonderful. I will have them out for you to see on conference day.

I would encourage you when giving directions at home, please try to keep the directions to two or three steps and try really hard not repeat them. I often have the children echo what I say just so I can see what they are hearing. In order for them to become more independent workers, they must have a secure sense of what needs to be done in a sequential order. This comes with practice and little to no repeating. Thank you for your help and support at home.

If you ever have any comments and thoughts with the information in my blog, yet don't want it to be published for everyone to see, please feel free to email me on my Shorecrest email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment