There are a couple of new topics coming home tonight that I want you to know about and understand. First, I am going to begin giving the children a comprehension activity on Mondays. They will have until Friday to complete the task. I will not give one every week, but hope to do so every other week. We review the topic in class and I will always go over the activity. However, they are to come home and read the story orally to an adult. Please make sure they are not skipping over words or substituting other words within the text. Then, they are to complete the activity following the directions given. These activities are usually short but effective. You both will need to sign the bottom of the activity sheet before it is returned to class. I have asked the children to decide if they wish to keep the finished product in their homework folder if it's completed prior to Friday or if they will keep it at home. I am leaving this decision up to them as long as it is ready to turn in on Friday morning. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email.
Also, part of the homework tonight is for them to go online to the website below. We will working on quotations this week. As a culminating activity, the children will create their own comic strip. All I want them to do tonight is to play around with the features of the program. They do not have to write or produce a comic strip. This will be done in class. I just thought that the work in class could be done more efficiently if they were familiar with the functions. Mrs. Baralt came into the classroom today and gave us all a lesson on this program. This should great fun!
http://www.makebeliefscomix.com
If you have any comic pages leftover from the Sunday paper that you would like to donate to the class, I would greatly appreciate it.
I do hope everyone had a great weekend! The children are coming home with new library books today. If your child still has one at home and they are ready to return it to the library, please have them come to school tomorrow with these books and I will find time to return to the library.
You will want to ask your child about the word for the day... indebted.. they also have a riddle they can share with you after using the Wordly Wise words. They will have a test on these words on Wednesday. I will have them bring home the workbook on Monday and Tuesday night to study. Thank you for all your help and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment