Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Friday!

We dove into our pomegranates today! What a treat!!!! I promise that I will sending papers home on Monday. The paper envelope will need to be signed and dated and returned to school on Tuesday. I had some issues in setting up my electronic grade book and then we ran out of time today after computer to pass out papers. You will have a nice stack of papers to look over on Monday. I will also be sending home the rough drafts of an essay that the children wrote on friends and friendship this week. We have already done the editing and revising of these essays and will even create a construction paper friend to go along with the writing. These will be up in the room next week. The spelling tests are looking good so far. But, the children do need to review the words at least twice a week. Starting next week, I will also include dictation sentences with the words. At some point in the year, they will not receive the dictation sentences prior to the test. So, I have discussed with the children that they need to practice writing these sentences as there may be some words in the sentence that aren't familiar to them. We were able to get to the library today and the children were very excited about checking out the new Sunshine State books. I continue to encourage the children to read at least 20 minutes a night, even over the weekend. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment