Friday, September 18, 2009

Frizzled Friday!

We have had a good productive, hard working week. I think we all were ready for the weekend! The kids did an awesome job today in computer lab working with their pictures on simple machines. These posters that they created will be coming home on Monday in the work folders. We will leave the computer lab for three weeks and move into Art class.

Most of the children were able to complete their Comic Strips today. Those that did not, will be given time first thing Monday morning to create. We will then move to the next step of writing quotations that include the narration along with the dialogue. I refer to the narration portion as the speaker tag. The children will write one of their own using a comic from the newspaper. We will compile the comics and create a class book. I can't wait!

You will notice that the format of my blog has changed. In order for the children to be able to access Mad Libs, I had to change the template. The Mad Libs games are great for reviewing and learning all parts of speech and just having fun creating silly stories.

The children do have a Math test on Monday. We have completed and reviewed the practice test that is in their homework folder. I gave them plenty of time to ask questions and we practiced many of the skills in repetition. I have asked the children to look over the practice test for 10 to 15 minutes sometime over the weekend. There is no written work.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment