Friday, March 5, 2010

Whew... Friday!

We have had great difficulty today focusing, listening, and have been quite chatty. I am thinking that a restful weekend will certainly cure this.

A reminder that the Iditarod begins on Sunday. The children can begin logging in their reading minutes/miles. If they have any difficulty logging in , just have them fill in the reading form that I sent home and Mrs. Baralt and I can help them on Monday. I did put the two important websites on my blog to make it easy for the chidlren to assess these websites. Also, they must type in their name and password just as it was given to them on the sheet. Each child chose a random number today between 2 and 72. Then they matched that number with a musher. They have completed the research on their musher and have a sheet to keep track of the musher's progress at each station. We will also choose a class musher and follow the progress of that person as well. It is very interesting to learn where these people entering the Iditarod live and how they became interested in even raising these dogs and competing in such a daring race. I learned a lot today just by reading over your child's shoulder as they completed their mind map on their own musher. You will want to ask them to tell you a little bit about their musher. Many of the mushers have hobbies that have nothing to do with dog sledding.

Oldie Goldie was a huge success in our room. The children have many books to bring home and have even had a chance to read a couple in school.

Some of the children did not complete the science experiment, Peppy Pepper, last night. This experiment is due no later than Monday. They must bring the sheet in with the details on that sheet that I gave them in class.

Have a wonderful weekend. Seems funny to say while living here, but stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment