Monday, March 22, 2010

Marvelous Monday!

The children seemed refreshed as is their teacher. I hope that everyone had a lovely week and enjoyed whatever your days held for you.

I wanted to touch base about a few things that are coming up. March 24 is Purple Day to celebrate Relay for Life. The children are allowed to wear shirts and accessories that are purple. It looks as if our Field Day will be April 2. The children are encouraged to wear the color of their team.

The children will have a homophone quiz on Wednesday. They should study the sheet that I gave them prior to spring break entitled, Breezing Through Homophones. This Thursday is class picture day. Please make sure they are dressed appropriately.

Homework tonight is as follows:
Spelling- abc order
Reading-Balto comprehension questions.... I read the story to them right at the end of the day as a listening exercise. They must answer the questions by restating and giving details that were in the story.
Sign and return the work envelopes
Bring cereal in a ziploc bag if they haven't done so already. I did ask the children to bring in a cereal box if there was one in the cupboard that you could sacrifice.We go to the science lab tomorrow to complete two experiments. You will want to ask your child what we are doing with the cereal, magnets, and apple cider vinegar as well.

We have much to accomplish this week as always. We will begin our big explorer project this week in the computer lab. I will fill you in on the details as they occur. You are going to be SOOOOO impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment