I wanted to take this time to wish you and your family a very happy and merry holiday. I hope that all your h0pes and dreams for the new year find their way into your home and hearts. I would also like to thank you for all of your support and kind wishes that have come my way thus far this year. I sincerely appreciate everything that you have done for me and for your child. I am hopeful that our time together after the holidays will be just as rewarding.
At the close of this blog, I have retyped a special email that was sent to me many years ago. Upon reading it again, I realized that I too have much to be thankful for this holiday season. My golden box is filled with all of my precious children and you , the parents, and the friends that I have made since I arrived at Shorecrest. My wish for you and your family is that your heart be filled with wonderful holiday memories. May your travels be safe and hearts be full of joy!
Warmest Wishes,
Renee
"The Box"
Some years ago a man punished his 5 year old daughter for wasting a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became quite upset when the child used the gold paper to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.
The next morning the little firl brought the gift to her father and said, "this is for you Ddaddy." The father was embarrassed by his earlier overreactions, but flared again when he found the box empty.
He spoke to her in a harsh manner, "Don't you know, young lady when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside the package?"
The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "But Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was full."
The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arms around his little girl, and asked her to forgive him for his stupid and unnecessary anger.
An accident took the life of the child a short time later and it is said that the father kept the golden box by his bed for all the years of his life. And when ever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems, he would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.
In a real sense, each of us as human beings have been given a golden box filled with unconditional love and friendship from our children, family , and friends. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.
No comments:
Post a Comment