Monday, December 7, 2009

Elves At Work!

I think we all had busy weekends. We were all moving at a slow pace today, but we were productive. I wanted to make sure you were aware of the Shorecrest Parent Association meeting tomorrow at 8:15am in the Janet Root Theatre. I just discovered that I didn't give the children the flier that I received today after lunch. The speaker is Mr. Welborne, the Athletic Director here at Shorecrest. There will be a $1,000 dollar Tuition Give-a-way at the close of the meeting. You are invited and encouraged to attend if you can.

Also, several of you have signed up to come on Wedesday to our Math Open House. The children and I look forward to seeing you if you can come. I will continue with my lesson and my class as per usual as you are strolling in. When we break up into little groups, you may be asked to join in the activities. It is the expectation that the children continue with their math duties. This is not a time to socialize.

Tonight's homework includes:
Math- Workbook-page87.. They also have two Home Link pages to complete as well. We did one from each page together in class so that they would have an example of what to do at home when they are alone. This is a new topic and skill so there may be some questions. I did inform the children that they will have a multiplication quiz on 0's - 4's on Thursday.
Spelling- look over words and dictation.... test on Friday
Class Novel-complete the other side of the Whipping Boy sheet that asks the children to respond to what they believe the character is trying to say through the quotations from the story.

If the children come home and tell you that I said they had to watch television tonight that is partially true. We have read the Cranberry Series in class for each holiday... Fall Festival, Halloween and now Christmas. Tonight on ABC Family Channel(25 Days of Christmas Channel) is producing for the first time the Christmas book complete with narration and singing. I read the first half of the book to the children today and then left them hanging so as not to give the ending away. I did tell them that if they weren't able to watch the show at 7:30, then I would certainly finish the book tomorrow in class. They must have their homework finished and then even after that, it's up to you if you want them to watch this or not.

More to come later on in the week! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment