Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Orientation Day Cheers!

It was wonderful to see so many smiling happy faces today! It was great to meet everyone. I am excited about the year and I know that we will learn lots and have fun! Please make sure you mark your calendar for Back-To-School night on August 25. We will meet as a school in the Janet Root Theater at 7:00am and then we will journey to the classroom where I will review our schedule, curriculum, and expectations for the year.

Tomorrow we will spend out time together organizing our books, notebooks, and supplies. There may be a couple of extra items that I need the children to bring to school, but I will let them practice using their new Agenda to share this information with you. Please make sure that your child knows where to go at dismissal. However, the first couple of days all the teachers are out helping the children get to the proper place to be picked up if needed.

Every Friday is Spirit Day this year. Go Chargers!!! As stated in the Handbook, the children are allowed to wear any shirt that has a Shorecrest logo, specifically Shorecrest Spirit Wear, camp, intramural or uniform shirts. These should be worn with uniform, Spirit Wear or denim bottoms.

I would like the children to view the blog tonight and be prepared to tell me tomorrow the colors of the fish that are swimming somewhere on my blog.

Again, it was so nice to meet everyone. I look forward to a happy and rewarding year with your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment