Well, it certainly was a good day to have warm bedroom slippers and a cup of cocoa. The children did an excellent job of reading and they seemed to enjoy having the freedom of lounging while they read. Thank you to all of you for helping me get the word out and making sure that your child was prepared. I have to admit that that was the first time in 28 years that I have forgotten to prepare the children prior to an event. Can I blame it on the puppy? Smiles! Picture were taken and I hope to get our event into E-bytes, If not, I will certainly add a picture or two to my blog next week.
Please make sure that your child reviews the 0's -6's for Monday. They will have a quiz on just the 6's with a few of the others thrown in. I will also be sending home another stack of graded papers on Monday. Among these are the Verb Tense Quiz that the children took before the holiday break. I need for them to review the ones that they continue to have trouble with at home. I will be giving another quiz on these verbs at the end of next week. They need to practice the spellings as well. Although that initial grade will count, the children will have an opportunity to improve upon their grade.
Next week, we should settle back into our normal schedule though we do have Guidance, Picture Lady, and the Winter Band Concert. You will see more reading and writing homework coming home. Please encourage the children to continue to read at least 15 minutes nightly. If you can, please take time to allow your child to read aloud. Many seem to be a "little rough around the edges" today while reading our class novel/literacy study. I think they are just out of practice.
I hope you all have a nice weekend.. wish for flurries! The children are so hoping!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment