Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Fun!

We had another great day today!  The children loved sharing their "Me Bags" and I so enjoyed getting to know each of them a little better. We made lots of positive connections to each other when we discovered that many enjoyed water and snow skiing, gymnastics, reading, soccer, baseball, and cheerleading. We also learned that some of us like origami, playing the violin, piano, and tennis. What a talented group!

I did ask them to do a little thinking over the weekend. The boys and girls were put in groups today and they were to list as many things that they could think of where numbers were used. I asked them to go  home this weekend and be more aware of numbers at home and around town. They are to try and find two more ways that numbers are used and write it in their agenda. On Monday, we will add these ideas to the math charts that we started today.

I hope that everyone will take the time to check my blog even when I don't remind the children. In the event of bad weather on Monday and Tuesday, I may send a couple of things that I would like the children to work on... that is if we have electricity. But most importantly, be safe and have a great weekend!

I look forward to another super week!


No comments:

Post a Comment