"All the flowers of all tomorrows are in the seeds of today." All my little seeds have been extremely busy throughout the entire year. I have enjoyed teaching and learning with your child. This year has been a wonderful and rewarding year. I sincerely hope that it has been a fun year for your child as well. Each child in my room has made a special and worthwhile contribution. They have worked very hard and have accomplished a great deal. As I reflect on this year, I have a good feeling about the academic growth that I have observed in everyone. Each child has his or her own strengths and weaknesses. I hope that I have challenged the strengths and improved upon the weaknesses. I also hope that your child will have happy memories of third grade at Shorecrest. I know I will have happy memories of your child as a special person.
I would encourage each child to establish a quiet reading time at least once or twice a week during the summer. Perhaps a special time could be spent between you and your child discussing the books that are read. Whether you visit the library, the bookstore, or download books on a kindle, make sure the books are "just right" books. A review of basic multiplication and division facts, using flashcards could help keep the cobwebs out of the "summer brains". I would also encourage the children to work on some of the incomplete math workbook pages.The children can also use the remaining pages in their response journals or writing binder to keep a summer diary of all their special adventures at home, camp or along family trips. They could apply the Wordly Wise vocabulary from our workbook to enhance the writing as well. I am sure that at the beginning of fourth grade they will be asked to recount a summer experience.
You will want to look through the many papers that were sent home as well as the guides that are in their Writing Workshop binder. There are useful charts and "hints" to help while writing that may come in handy at home and in fourth grade. We have spent a great deal of time this year studying the process of writing and these charts and guides along with vocabulary lists can only enhance what they have already learned.
I know many of you have adventures planned this summer. I told the children that I love getting postcards and letters from camp or along family vacations. I am including my mailing address at the close of this entry.
I do wish every child much success in fourth grade. I hope they will study hard and remember his or her good work and study habits. And remember, when in doubt of what to do, READ!
I have enjoyed this year and I will always remember this special group of children.They are capable and hardworking student that should achieve great success in the future. I will also remember you, their parents. Thank you very much for your kind words and prayers this past month. Mr Hensler and I are very fortunate to have been surrounded by such caring people. We appreciated your generosity and your patience when I had to be away from the classroom. You will always be remembered!
I have downloaded many pictures from throughout the year. Just click on photos and enjoy! Your child should remember most of what was going on in each picture. I also included a few Sawgrass pictures. The children took all the pictures that day and I ended up with over 150 just about Sawgrass. So, I only included a few that I thought captured the unique environment of Sawgrass.
I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing summer!
Your child's third grade teacher and friend,
Renee Trump Hensler
3926 West Granada Street
Tampa, Florida 33629
rhensler@shorecrest.org
No comments:
Post a Comment