Monday, June 3, 2013

Third Grade Graduation News!

"All the flowers of all tomorrows are in the seeds of today". All my little seeds have been extremely busy throughout the entire year. I have enjoyed teaching and learning with your child. This year has been challenging and rewarding and I sincerely hope that it has been a fun year for your child as well. Each child in my room has made a special and worthwhile contribution to our learning community. They have worked very hard and have accomplished a great deal. As I look back over this year, I have a good feeling about the academic growth I have observed in everyone. Each child has his or her own strengths and weaknesses. I hope that I have challenged the strengths and improved upon the weaknesses. I also hope that your child will have happy memories of third grade at Shorecrest. I know I will have happy memories of your child as a special person.

I would like to encourage each child to establish a quiet reading time for their summer reading. Perhaps a special time could be spent between you and your child discussing the books that are read and sharing their responses in their journal. A weekly visit to the library would be  great! I also suggested two books in as email that I sent home last week.  A review of multiplication and division facts, using flashcards and practice quizes will help to keep out the cobwebs out of the "summer brains". I sent home some math practice work that would be extremely beneficial for review and practice. We did not complete the last lesson of the Wordly Wise workbook that can be used for not only reading but to learn another set of vocabulary words. Inside the blue construction sheet folder you will also find some reading comprehension, grammar practice, and even a science experiment or two.  There are many items in their notebooks that could be useful resources next year. I did encourage the children to keep these items in a safe place at home to use as resources for future work.

I love to receive post cards from your summer travels. My home address is: 3926 West Grananda Tampa, Florida 33629.  I asked the children even send me a letter if they read a good book and think that I should have this book as a part of my class library for next year. If at any time you  need to contact me over the summer, please feel free to do so by email. I will be in and out of town as much as possible. But, I always check emails.

PLEASE make sure you check out the photo section of this blog. You will find a great assortment of pictures from the beginning of the year to the end of projects, events, activities, and fun!

I do wish each child much success in fourth grade. I hope they will study carefully and be responsible with their homework and other work and study habits. And remember... "When in doubt, READ!"

Thank you all for your support this year and for your incredible generosity throughout the year! I appreciate your kinds words and fabulous gifts. Have a safe, relaxing, and fun summer!

Your child's third grade teacher and friend,
              Renee Trump Hensler


No comments:

Post a Comment